Senior paint technician accreditation assessment is available to refinishers with a minimum of three years experience in the industry. They must be able to demonstrate their ability to achieve a flawless finish both in panel preparation, blends/fade outs and when finishing panels/polishing to match existing vehicle paint.
This level requires candidates successfully to complete the following three modules and an on-line test consisting of 30 multiple choice questions:
AOM-219: Application of Wet on Wet Primer
• Select and mix non-sanding primers to the paint manufacturer's specifications.
• To demonstrate the setting up and testing of paint application equipment.
• To demonstrate how to apply a non-sanding (wet on wet) primer
• Demonstrate the use of drying equipment.
• Demonstrate how to check the surface for defects and rectify them where required.
AOM-222: Spot/Rapid Repair on a clear Over Base Finish
• Demonstrate how to prepare a vehicle panel to receive primer.
• Demonstrate masking techniques on panel surfaces.
• Demonstrate how to apply and cure primers.
• Demonstrate primers preparation to accept topcoats.
• Match and mix vehicle colours to the correct shade.
• Demonstrate the application of topcoats.
• Demonstrate blending and fading techniques.
• Demonstrate how to rectify minos surface defects by using sanding and polishing techniques.
• Identify and rectify surface defects.
AOM-223: Application of a 3 Stage Pearlescent Finish
• To match and mix the colours to the correct shade and in accordance with the paint manufacturer's data sheets.
• To demonstrate how to identify the number of pearlescent coats which are required to replicate the original colour and shade.
• To demonstrate your skills in preparing a vehicle panel to accept topcoats.
• To demonstrate the application of a 3 stage pearlescent finish.
• To demonstrate how to rectify minor surface defects by using sanding and polishing techniques.
£825 + VAT
All overalls, whites, personal protective equipment, course material for practical and theoretical sessions will be provided. Candidates should bring safety footwear, prescription safety glasses if required, as well as a copy of their photo driving licence or passport.